50 Pair Emu Farming Project Report:
The following details are about 50 Pair Emu Farming Project Report.
Introduction To 50 Pair Emu Farming Project
Emu farming is another kind of poultry business where people are getting good profits with a proper emu farming business plan. Emu bird is native to Australia. However, raising emu birds commercially in other parts of the world spread like wildfire due to huge profits involved in it. Emu has excellent immune power and hardly suffers any diseases. Emu birds can feed on pulses, grass, cereal grains, fruits, vegetables, insects etc. Every part of emu bird is commercially valuable. Emu birds are dark whitish complexion with hard skin and these birds are social animals and live only in groups. They can survive in adverse climatic conditions (0°C to 54°C). Emu comes under the exotic bird. Most of the Indian states are growing Emu birds on a commercial scale. The demand for emu meat is high due to its medicinal values. If you are planning to start an emu farming in India, you can get financial assistance from NABARD. It is advised to get some Emu farming training before starting on a large scale. The following gives an idea of project cost and profits in emu farming business.
Scientific of Emu Bird
- Dromaius novaehollandiae.
Commercially Marketable Emu Products in 50 Pair Emu Farming Project
- Emu Eggs.
- Emu Chicks.
- Emu Oil.
- Emu Meat.
- Emu Skin.
- Emu Feathers.
- Emu Nails.
Some Facts About Emu Birds
- Usually, 1-year-old emu bird will weigh about 35 to 40 kg and can be a height of 6 feet.
- Emu birds change colors at different stages, a newborn will have stripes after 4 to 5 months it changes to chocolate brown color and after 13 to 14 months, again there will be a change in body color.
- Usually, the feathers on the neck of emu will fall off and it looks greenish/bluish.
- The feathers of emu will have multiple colors
- Emu birds will be ready for reproduction and the age of 18 months.
- Female Emu birds can lay up to 32 to 33 eggs.
- Emu eggs vary in size and color. usually, the egg is dark green color.
- Emu birds require 3 to 4 times food per day.
- Emu birds require 8 to 10 liter of fresh water daily.
- Emu egg is 10 times bigger than chicken/hen egg.
- Emu eggs weigh about 600 grams to 700 grams (with 5-inch length).
- Male emu bird incubates the eggs for 50 to 55 days.
- Emu bird chicks weigh about 350 to 450 grams an about 67% of egg weight) depending on the size of an egg.
- Female Emu bird usually lays an egg after every three days.
- The breeding season for emu usually is six months (October to March in India)
- Emu lifespan is about 40 years and reproduction is about 20 to 25 years.
- Female Emu birds can produce 30 to 32 chicks per year.
Emu Farming Advantages
- Emu meat has good medicinal values. It is if low fat and cholesterol with a good source of protein.
- Every part of Emu is valuable. You can earn huge money with eggs, meat, skin, oil, features, and nails. These products have good market value both in domestic and international markets.
- When compared to other poultry birds, Emu consumes less quantity of feed and convert them to various types of valuable and marketable products. They can even survive in drought-prone areas where less feed is available.
- Emu birds are social animals can be raised with other livestock animals like chickens, ducks, quails etc.
- Emu birds have a strong immune system and can have fewer diseases. These birds hardy and can easily adapted to any agro-climatic regions. They are very well suited for Indian climate as well.
- Commercial Emu farming is a lucrative and profitable venture which can provide employment in rural and urban areas. Farmers can earn extra income with this farming along with other livestock business.
- People who cannot able to afford the setup cost, there is an option of getting a loan from NABARD.
- Commercial Emu farming doesn’t require any special skills. However, it requires dedication and hard work.
What Are Main Inputs Result In A Profitable 50 Pair Emu Farming Project
- The business plan of an Emu.
- Farm Location of Emu.
- Chick Management of Emu.
- Grower Management of Emu.
- Breeder Management of Emu.
- Feed Management of Emu.
- Care and Management of Emu.
- Marketing of Emu.
NABARD Loan Assistance For Commercial 50 Pair Emu Farming Project
To apply for Emu Farming schemes very large outlays, detailed reports should be prepared. This reports will all the technical information about your farm including location to marketing. You can get the forms at nearest Regional Rural Banks or co-operative banks. You can get a help of technical officer in the bank in order to prepare an Emu farming project report. You can also contact any NABARD branch for more details of commercial emu farming schemes for loans.
50 Pair Emu Farming Project Business Plan
- You can start a commercial Emu farm business with 1 acre of farmland.
- You should buy 90 days old Emu chicks from certified Emu breeders. It is better to purchase a minimum of 40 to 50 pairs.
- Emu birds social animals and is grown in groups. for example, a 16 birds group need 56 feet x 56 feet space with 6 to 7 feet height fence.
- You should ensure the farm with good organic feed and purified drinking water.
- You need to understand that Emu birds first yields only in the winter season and after completion of 21 to 22 months.
- You can obtain 12 to 15 eggs from the first yield and later 20 to 25 eggs in every yield.
- In commercial emu farming project, chicks sale is better than eggs sale as chicks sale fetches more profits.
Bio-security Measures in Commercial 50 Pair Emu Farming Project
- Ensure the emu farm location is away from the population, industrial areas, and any other disturbances.
- You should build an emu house with proper and sufficient breeding facilities.
- You should carry out disinfection procedures in commercial emu farming project.
- The quarantine shelters should be built separately and away from other shelters of emu farming project.
- With a help of a veterinary doctor, carry out routine disease monitoring procedures.
- In commercial emu farming project, water source should be tested for minerals, bacteria, chemicals, and contaminations.
- Ensure optimal brooding space in Emu house.
- Ensure to make provision of showers, change over and dips in the house.
- You should take care of feed storage and water quality to prevent from any contaminations.
- Ensure to dispose or destroy the bedding / dead birds without harming the environment.
- The equipment used in emu farming project should be disinfected and separated.
- You must ensure the farm has good water sanitation system.
Cost and Profits Analysis of 50 Pair Emu Farming Project
Project assumptions in 50 pair emu farming project :
- Land: Own (2 acres).
- Emu Birds: 50 pairs.
The following emu project report includes:
- Investment for 50 pair emu farming project.
- 4 years farm maintenance expenditure in 50 pair emu farming project.
- 50 Pair Emu Farming Project Profits.
- Gross Profit every year after 4th year in 50 Pair Emu Farming Project.
- Net Profit per month in 50 Pair Emu Farming Project.
- 50 Pair Emu Farming Project Proft for four years.
|Investment of 50 Pair Emu Farming Project|
|Emu Housing / Shelter: 200 square feet/pair of emu @ Rs 80/square feet.||Rs. 8,00,000|
|Hatchery, generator, and room for the generator.||Rs. 5,00,000|
|Equipment: brooders, feeders, and waterers.||Rs. 30,000|
|Emu chicks cost @ Rs. 4500 / bird (4500 x 100 (50 pairs)).||Rs. 4,50,000|
|Feed cost up to egg production age of birds.||Rs. 7,36,000|
|Other expenses like litter, and medicines @ Rs. 100 / bird ( 100 x Rs.100).||Rs. 10,000|
|Total cost incurred up to egg laying stage||Rs. 25,26,000|
|Entrepreneur’s contribution – 25% = 25,26,000 x 75/100.||Rs. 18,94,500|
|Emu farm maintenance expenditure for Four years period|
|Emu chick cost @ Rs. 4500 / bird.||Rs. 4,50,000|
|Feed cost up to egg production age of two years.||Rs. 7,36,000|
|After 2 years, feed Consumption: 1 kg/day / bird / 2 years.||Rs. 11,40,000|
|Miscellaneous / Other expenditure.||Rs. 10,000|
| Depreciation (Four Years)|
1. On Shelter / Housing investment @ 10% = Rs.2,87,432
2. On equipment including hatchery and others @ 15% (Hatchery plus General equipment) (5,00,000 + 30,000) = Rs.2,53,336
|Labor cost for 4 years.||Rs. 1,50,000|
|Hatchery running expenses including power charges.||Rs.1,50,000|
|Bank interest (14%)||Rs. 4, 93,328|
|Profits in 50 Pair Emu Farming Project|
|Sale of emu bird chicks considering average 20 eggs / year, total eggs per year 1000 number (40 eggs x 50 birds = 2000 eggs produced) Chicks 70% Hatchability which is 2000 x 70 / 100 = 1400 eggs Emu chick mortality assumed at 15% and sale @ Rs. 4500 / chick|
Total of 1190 chicks x Rs. 4500 / chick.
|Empty gunnies about 1800 x @ Rs.10 / bag.||Rs. 18,000|
|Total Profit||Rs. 53,73,000|
|Net Profit for four years||Total cost – Total profit = Rs. 53,73,000 – Rs. 36,70,096 = Rs. 17,02,904|
|Net Profit/month during first four years||Rs. 35,477|
|From 5th year onwards there is no expenditure on chicks and you incur only expenses on feeding to the breeding.||26,80,000 – 8,65,151 = Rs. 18,14,849|
|Gross Profit every year after 4th year||Rs. 18,14,849|
|Net Profit per month||Rs. 1,51,237|
Emu Farming Training and Hatchery Centers in India
- Simran Emu Farm and Hatchery
At Post Niwali, Tal. Chiplun,
Dist. Ratnagiri, Maharashtra. India.
- Sami’s Emu Rearing and Emu Farming
Cabin no. 20/A, 3rd Floor, Vasta House
Noble Chambers, Near R.P.I House,
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Contact e-mail: email@example.com